If you consider yourself overweight and you haven't found a permanent relationship, it's time to stop allowing negative thinking about your body to hold you back. Change how you perceive yourself and attract a good man into your life. Try these ideas for moving toward a better self-image.
1. You are an expert on You, and people believe what you tell them about yourself through your words, actions, body language and attitude. If you believe you are desirable, a future mate can believe that too. As you begin to accept the idea that extra pounds do not make you unattractive, you can feel confident and move into new relationships. When you look in the mirror, think about how much you love yourself.
2. When you carry yourself like a woman who is comfortable with your own appearance, you will inspire men with your confidence. Not every man gets hung up on physical appearance. Many men look for someone who they just really enjoy being around.
3. Do you have faith in yourself? You deserve to find a good relationship. Don't settle for a guy who doesn't treat you the way you deserve to be treated. Many many overweight women are happily settled in loving relationships. If you don't believe it, look around the next time you are in a shopping mall. You will see heavy women looking happy, active, and loved.
4. You can choose to view being overweight as an advantage. You have a constant physical reminder of the need to care for your health. What if you were skinny and you put a lot of unhealthy foods into your body? Being either skinny or heavy does not exclude you from health problems that adults face as they grow older, including heart disease, diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Healthy eating and living over the years can help protect against many health issues.
5. Feeling sorry for yourself will not attract men into your life. You can take positive steps to managing your weight through healthy eating and exercise. Obesity does not control you. If you need more help, join a support group or seek professional help.
As you move gradually toward healthier thinking and living, the past in which you felt unworthy of love will recede into your long-term memory. Find the strength to love yourself and enjoy putting yourself out there to find a man who loves you for who you are and not for what dress size you wear.
Would YOU like to publish an article on Connecting Singles? Are you an expert at something, have an interesting story, or a good lesson to teach... why not share with other members. If you have experience or expertise in a topic that will be of interest to CS members, you may submit an article to be published on the site.
Post your own Article »