Just today, a colleague said, there will be a switching of staffs.
Since saudization was implemented, there should be 70% of Saudi staff in an institution or a company, which is why, a lot of private companies or businesses decided to stopped operation considering wages and quality of works. For us at the government sector, gradually, removing staffs from the lower positions, like cleaner, then the administrative positions. For patient care it would take time .
Last year, I went applying for a job to another country, which luckily I got hired, just that I need to process work permit which it would take time, as I went there with a tourists visa only. I went back to work and supposed submit my resignation . Just that, the admin told me to sign renewal of contract as it's due time already and submit a letter of extension for a specific months.
So i did. But the director asked me the reason. It's because of the danger of lossing a job, because of saudization and that I could not just sit back and wait, as the sole provider of my kid's needs, I cannot be without a job.
The director assured me I will be safe . Well, I love my job, and the company that allows me to travel in other countries with plane fare and hotel accommodation, is a great previlege. Free housing, and all the facilities that includes water and electricity, plus my garden around the house. Things is not that easy to decide. But the fact that, there is no such thing as permanent. So I really need to weigh things over and over again. My next job, the salary is almost the same, just that the cost of living is quite high, and house rent is high too plus I have to shoulder plane tickets whenever going for holiday, which costs a lot. The only thing, I could take my kid's with me, which I wished for us to be together, not that easy though.
One thing more..I need to change job description too, as I have certificate of qualification but I need to study a year more in order for me to practice my profession, well, that's ok. I could start with a job and study when I get settled. Another thing more, considering the age...will I be able to have that brain to be in school again???
Anyhow I communicated to the company I applied abroad, that it would take time processing resignation, there is a need to have clearances. The position will still be open, as more staff are needed. So I rested my thoughts about, what am I supposed to do, as it caused stress
But here I go again..
I talked to the Boss about switching of staffs today from the main site to our satellite and vice versa. And there is already the name of the staff, and am sure the said staff will never want to transfer as the job is more toxic at the main site. They are doing the switching as gradually they want Saudis to fill the position. Good thing, the said staff will not be sent home. The said staff, did not know yet, but am trying to asked "what if"? The answer is negative.
Just thought, I will sacrifice, since I had that intention to leave the job anyway, I thought to volunteer to transfer, that would take 7 months more. Puzzled, puzzled and puzzled..
though I trust HIM ,