1. They always accept older gentlemen 99 years old.
2. They usually look pretty good or the picture is taken from far away.
3. They never have long descripions of them self or their potential match. Rarely more then the 50 letters required and with no real detail because it's the nature of the game when you deal with many victims you can not remember details.
4. If some one send a like/favorite or such without any message be aware.
5. They are almost always new members or they have not been active for a long time and you where the one who contacted them first.
6. If tested with someting they can not Google they will fail. Example: If their alphabet is not latin letter write something in their native laguage with Latin letters and with some misspellings. They should be able to understand it.
7. Be aware of the time zone. If they are online 4 am their time it's suspect.
8. They will be fast in trying to get other ways of contacting you.
9. No matter WHAT excuse they have don't send money or valubles. Even if you have spoken for months.
10. Even if you get so far as a real life meeting, they might still hustle you.
11. Always check IP number and not only once if you have recieved an email.
12. Always check what country the phone number belongs to.
13. Pay attention to pictures background. Signs, electrical outlets and what not.
14. When you confront them they will not give up and eventually be aggressive.
15. Check if profiles is always online in the same time, escpecially new profiles.
There are exeptions of course. I have almost been fooled once by a Russian pretending to be in Monte Negro. She didn't want to talk to me at first. Claiming I needed to have a special blood type or she was not interested. She claimed to be from Russia but living in Monte Negro, thus explaining the phone number. With Skype contact she was all over the place but with no good shot of her face. She claimed she wanted to come and visit but needed to pick up her fur coat in Vienna. She didn't want me to go visit. When time came for trip it was hastily cancelled twice. She invested two weeks in grooming me. Very convincing but failed in the end.
Most scammers are from Nigeria and is not connected to any maffia structure. They learn from each other.
These are scammer for sure on CS.
Tatiana70 from Kiev Ukraine
Mollywilson London UK Former travel agent (Thomas Cook)
Singlemother086 London UK Former travel agent (Thomas Cook)
Feel free to comment with your on personal scammers.
The site will not change because they need the scammers profils to lure people in. That is how the make money. I estimate 85% women are fake on CS. It's a bit like Specimen hunting big fish. You need to spend a lot of time to catch a good one and throw a lot of minnows back into the dephts.
I have noticed that every time I put a new photo on my profile scammers contact me more.