THE BASIC LAWS OF HUMAN STUPIDITY
Finally, a definitive study has explained the persistence of Stupidity as a human trait. Amazing. Entertaining. Frightening.
(probably the best thing Luke Wilson ever did.)
1) Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
2) The probability that a certain person be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.
3) A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.
4) Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake.
5) A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person.
See also: What is Dunning Kruger Syndrome?
(hint: too stupid to realize that they are stupid).The Dunning Kruger syndrome or effect is characterized by the inability of some people to be aware of their incompetence or ineptitude.... Is a Cognitive distortion By which a person who actually has little ability to perform an activity, thinks that he has a lot. Even more than some experts. On the contrary people who are competent have a tendency to underestimate their abilities and abilities.