What is a CS Blog?
- A Blog is a journal you may enter about your life, your thoughts, interesting experiences, or lessons you have learned. It's your own page on Connecting Singles that you can update on a regular basis, or just whenever you have something to say. You can write about an opinion, impart words of wisdom, or talk about something interesting in your day. Creating a blog is a good way to share something of yourself with Connecting Singles members. Reading blogs is a good way to learn more about members you have met here.
- A blog IS NOT a personal-ad describing yourself or the person you are seeking. You already have a profile on the site for that.
- A blog is NOT for one-to-one chatting. You have onsite email for that. Click the "Email" button on a member's profile.
- A blog IS NOT a Forum for discussion, debate, advice or asking questions of other members. Join the Connecting Singles Forums for these purposes.
- You may use your blog to record your thoughts, opinions and ideas. All blogs are open to viewing by the public and to comments from other members. You may read and then delete those comments to your blog if you wish. You may edit your own blog, however, you may not edit your comment to another member's blog.
- Blog - is your journal here
- Blog Post - one of your posts in your blog
- Comment - feedback posted by members to your blog post
- Start by viewing the Blog Rules.
- To create a blog:
Click on "Add New Post" in the left sidebar. Type a title that describes the topic of your blog, then type a message, and click "Submit". Your blog entry will appear in the list of "All Blogs" located in the left sidebar. Each time you post to your blog, the entry will appear separately in the list of "All Blogs".
- To edit and delete your blog posts:
Click on "Edit Posts" in the left sidebar, which will take you to your Blog Admin page. You can delete your blogs, edit them, or delete comments from other members there.
- To post a comment to another member's blog:
Click "Post Comment" while viewing a blog, type your comment and click "Submit". Your comment will appear immediately under their blog. Think before you comment. You will not be able to delete or change your comment.
- To view other member blogs, use links in the left sidebar of blog pages:
- All Blogs - list of all blogs entered by members
- Women Blogs - blogs entered by female members
- Men Blogs - blogs entered by male members
- Last Commented - blogs ordered by last commented
- Most Commented - blogs ordered by most commented
- Most Viewed - blogs ordered by most viewed
- Bloggers - list of members who have posted blogs
- To manage your own blog, use links in the left sidebar of blog pages:
- View my Blog - view your full blog.
- View my Blog List - view a list of your blogs.
- Edit Posts - this is your admin page for your blog. View/edit blogs you entered and view/delete comments.
- Add New Post - create a new blog, or post to your existing blog.
- Upload Blog photos - upload photos to be used in your blogs.
- You must be a Connecting Singles member to blog here. If you are not a member, it's totally free to.. JOIN HERE.
- No soliciting of any kind for websites, products or services, or directing people to other websites.
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated – with respect - be polite, considerate, with no personal attacks, name calling, harassment, bad language.
- TOPICS. You must have a clear topic for your blog, and state it clearly in your blog title. All entries within a blog must address the topic described in the title. When posting a comment, you may express a dislike or disagreement for a topic, but not a dislike for the blogger.
- TITLES. Blog titles may not include a member's username. Topic may not be a question or information about a Connecting Singles member. This is gossip and is not allowed.
- No 'broadcast' messages such as "Hi to everyone", "goodnight all", "I'm bored", etc. These are statements, not topics. Clearly state your topic, then stick to the stated topic.
- Do not direct questions to viewers. Use the Forums for this.
- Do not use your blog for a personal ad. You have a profile for this.
- No one-to-one discussions. Use your onsite mail for this.
- No personally identifiable information, emails addresses, phone numbers, addresses or URLs. This is for your protection.
- No explicit, sexual, offensive, insulting or vulgar language.
- No derogatory or offensive references to sex, gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
- Inappropriate or offensive images or YouTube videos are not allowed and will get you banned.
- Images and YouTube videos require text to be written along with them. Your opinion or reason for adding them to your blog must be clearly stated. Enter only 1 image or video per blog entry.
- No HTML.
- No copyrighted material.
- You may not use your blog to accuse, expose or gossip about other members. You may not include copies of private mail you receive from or about others, or about the site.
- Limit emoticons to 3 per blog entry to respect page-load time of members with slow computers and site resources. Each blog entry must include at least one complete sentence of text. Blog entries with less than one sentence, gibberish, or emoticons-only will be deleted.
- Report. Do not support or encourage blog offenders.
- Send complaints or reports about members or the site to Contact Us – do not post them in blogs.
- Think before you post! Comments posted should be considered permanent. Don't ask to have them removed. A wide public audience views these blogs. Your blog entries represent you to viewers. You will be judged by your words.
- You may not use these blogs to bash this site or staff here. This is a free site...if you don't like the way things are handled, you are free to leave.
- Posts or comments that violate the rules will simply be deleted without notice.
- Read the rules. Site offenders may be banned from posting or removed from site without notice or warning. Staff decisions are final.
CS staff cares and respects our members. This is a quality, free site. Posting here is a privilege. Act accordingly!
Content posted in blogs becomes the property of Connecting Singles Inc.
(This gives ConnectingSingles.com the right to permanently display material or written work that you enter. ConnectingSingles.com makes no other claim to your writing).
By posting in these Blogs, you agree that you understand and will abide by blog and site rules.