Most Connecting Singles eCards include music. If you have adjusted the volume of your media player and still can't hear the music, follow the instructions below:
First, enable midis for Windows Media Player:
- Open Windows Media Player, click Tools, scroll down to Plugins and choose Options.
- On the Options dialog box, choose File Types tab.
- If MIDI is not checked, then check it and click "Apply".
If it IS checked then uncheck it, and click "Apply", then check it again and click "Apply".
Other solutions (if the above doesn't work):
- Make sure "Play sounds in webpages" is checkmarked. Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced | Multimedia. Find "Play sounds in webpages" and make sure it is checked.
- Make sure your volume is not muted or turned all the way down and that your computer's speakers are working properly. Go to the "Control Panel" on your computer and click "Sounds", and check the volume. Also, if you have any type of music files or sound files already on your computer, try to play them to make sure the volume is up and your sound is working.
- If you are already playing music on your computer, turn it off before you open a card. close windows media player if you have it open.
If you have tried all the above and still cannot hear the music, you may need to install/reinstall QuickTime.
QuickTime is a program that is included with some browsers. But it has been reported that QuickTime can get damaged/unistalled by security updates in Internet Explorer, and so you may need to reinstall it.
Install/Reinstall QuickTime directions
- Go to http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ to download QuickTime
- Select "QuickTime 7.5 for Windows XP or Vista" (the second option)
- Click the "Free Download Now" button
- Click the "Run" or "Save" button.
If you click the "Save" button: remember where you saved it (for example "C:\Downloads\Quicktime"), then when it is done downloading, open up Windows Explorer and browse to the directory where you saved it, it will be called QuickTimeInstaller.exe and double click on it to install it, when a message box pops up click the "Run" button.
- Click the "Next" button.
- Click "yes" to accept the License Agreement (if you accept it).
- Click the "Install" button
- Click the "Finish" button
- That's it...you should be able to hear the music now.
Test to see if it worked:
After you follow the above instructions, you should be able to hear the CS eCard music.
To test: click here to view an eCard that has music »