First of all, this is your Browser, NOT Connecting Singles, that is saving your password for you and putting it into the login box on Connecting Singles. Connecting Singles has no control over this.
Fortunately you can fix this. See directions below:
If your password automatically appears in the login box, it means Password Manager is enabled on your computer. You enabled it the first time you came to Connecting Singles (or any other site), when your browser
gave you a pop-up message asking if you wanted to save your login info for this site. If you clicked yes, your username and password would automatically be entered into the login box every time you came to this site using that computer, and anyone after you could sign in as you also. This is a Browser setting and has nothing to do with this website.
You can disable that auto-login feature (see below for Firefox instructions). To protect your privacy, you should NOT use Password Manager if you share a computer with anyone else, or use a computer in a library or other public place. If you are concerned about your password on the site, you should change it - click on Edit Settings
in top nav (in the dropdown for your photo), and then click on Change Password
Firefox: Directions for disabling auto login
Password Manager is on by default. To turn it off:
- Open the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- From the Privacy & Security category, choose Web Passwords. (If no subcategories are visible, double-click the category to expand the list.)
- In the Password Manager section, deselect "Remember passwords for sites that require me to log in" to turn Password Manager off.
Managing Stored Passwords
To see a list of the user names and passwords you have stored:
- Open the Tasks menu, choose Privacy & Security, and then choose Password Manager.
- Select View Stored Passwords from the submenu. You see the Password Manager window.
- Click the Passwords Saved tab. You see a list of all the stored user names. (Passwords are not listed.)
- To remove a user name, click it and then click Remove. The next time you visit the web site, you will be asked to enter your password.
- Click the Passwords Never Saved tab to see a list of the web sites for which you instructed Password Manager never to store user names. To remove a web site from this list, click it and then click Remove. The next time you visit the web site, you will be asked if you want Password Manager to save the user name and password for this site. Click "No".