notofthistime: ~ When neither Being nor Not-Being was, nor atmosphere, nor firmament, nor what is beyond.
- I am: 68 yr-old man seeking woman, 18-78
- Located in: Poulsbo, Washington, USA
- Last online: 11 hrs ago
- Height: 5' 11" (180 cm)
- Body Type: Fit/Athletic
- Hair Color: Gray
- Eye Color: Blue
- Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Religion: Agnostic
- Occupation: Technical / Science / Engineering
- Income: ---
- Smokes: Never
- Drinks: Rarely
- Marital Status: Divorced
- Has kids: Yes, they don't live with me
- Wants kids: Probably Not
- Sign: Cancer
More About Me
What did it encompass? Where? In whose protection? ~ I'm science minded, well-mannered, even-tempered, pragmatic as well as rational, and an unconventional thinker. I'm a Realist and seek objective perception; the glass is half-full (with liquid) because it has been filled to that level, half-empty because it has been drained to that level, and when there is no beginning point of reference, at the mean line. I act to distance myself from confirmation biases and propaganda; I pull back curtains. I am fond of obscured but valid knowledge that can be discovered within ancient spiritual and knowledge traditions. I like classical music; e.g., Beethoven's Symphony No. 7 in A major is a favorite (especially it's rendition for the film Zardoz). Also, I like certain sub-genres of rock, rockabilly, jazz, electronica (techno, industrial, ambient), and a few others. I'm a sci-fi enthusiast, but prefer plots, whether in book or film, that have a basis crafted from something which seems like it could be drawn from the sciences (especially cutting-edge or fringe science); however, I'm practically grounded and do not live and breath sci-fi. I enjoy a wide range of film genre such as action drama (e.g., James Bond), traditional Film Noir (e.g., Ministry of Fear), Future Noir (e.g., Blade Runner), and some Comedy. My demeanor is practical and usually pleasant. If you want conversation, you must message me first and be ready for probing, in-depth conversation about many topics. Books and reading are important. I'm comfortable in formal attire, but I don't often have a reason to wear such. I prefer direct statement when in conversation; nevertheless, some matters need to be handled delicately. My sense of humor is, well, sometimes playful, sometimes sarcastic, sometimes penetrating. You'll find conversation with me interesting and usually easy, but some have found it disruptive and reach for the "blue pill" (see the film The Matrix). I'm an INTJ/P, aligned with Number 6's struggle.
More about my Match
Ideally, you're a good listener and conversationalist, perceptive, a little provocative but respectful, action oriented, somewhat philosophical or spiritual but not necessarily religious, seeking knowledge that is not tainted by confirmation bias, and one who can grasp and move through the layers of reality in our world while not manifesting undue anxiety or escapism. You're a woman who has not become an avatar of any deceptive social agenda that has been crafted by an elitist intelligentsia and perpetrated upon society by any number of its subversive socio-political operatives; e.g., you're not a sports fan. You're a woman who thinks that the term "open minded" is vacuous and cliche'. You're a little bit daring, aroused by meaningful topics of discussion:
1. From what ancient myth does the quote in my headline and opening sentence come?
2. Who was "Number 6," and what was his socio-political message for Western societies?
3. Is an unbiased understanding of history useful toward shaping humanity's future?
4. Are there immutable truths?
5. What type of socio-political restrictions or problems are present for people living within a society; and, how do any of these interfere with their ability to perceive immutable truth?
6. How are the socially derived and evolved concepts of trust, freedom, and loyalty interconnected; and, how is this interconnection applicable to relationships between people?
7. In a society, what type of signs (socio-political signals and events) can emerge that warn citizens of an insidious, creeping reduction of freedom and privacy?
8. When is secrecy necessary?
9. How do confirmation biases affect the characteristics of a society?
10. From your perspective, what is the meaning or significance of life?
11. You speak of "love." Contemplate; describe its various manifestations.
12. From whence do you come, to where will you go?
Discussion, that's where it all begins.
I harvest fruit, alone. I'm good. Thanks for visiting. :-)
Norwegian, Scottish, French; some Neanderthal and E.T., too. Please read thoroughly my profile before sending me a "like" or a message; if you don't, I'll delete it and not reply to you!
Biology, Marine Zoology, Chemistry, and Electronics. Aikido. By the way, if you want me to message you and I fall outside of your set age limits, I'll be denied to do so. Is that what you want? :-)
Always inquiring about nature/life and my relationship with it. Though baptized in the Lutheran tradition, I align best as an agnostic who seeks the elusive, immutable truths.
Technical writer, author. Also, I'm a teacher of Aikido and have authored several books about it. Info: if you send me a like or msg without reading my profile, I'll delete it and not respond. :-)
- Seeking: Woman | 18-78 yrs
- Located: Anywhere
- For: Talk/Email/Pen Pal
- Religion: Atheist, Agnostic, Buddhist/Taoist, Christian/Protestant, Christian/LDS, Christian/Other, Hindu, Non-religious, Spiritual but not religious, Other Religion
- Smokes: Never, Trying To Quit
- Drinks: Never, Rarely, Occasionally, Socially, Gave it up
- Marital Status: Never Married, Divorced, Widowed
Posts made by notofthistime
To Report Abuse: If this profile or the behavior of the member is inappropriate, click here to Report Abuse »